Report an Absence
To report an absence, please call
Jen Waibel, Assistant Director, at
Schedule a Tour
To tour our classrooms, please call 813-264-3383 to schedule an appointment.
St. Paul Catholic Preschool’s mission is to encourage the spiritual, intellectual and emotional growth of each child using developmentally appropriate practices. Working in partnership with family members as well as our parish and community, we provide a nurturing, safe, Catholic environment where children are inspired to learn, play and grow.
Our age-grouped classes encourage children to be actively involved in the learning process. Activities are designed to foster self-concept, develop social skills, and to inspire children to think, reason, question, and experiment. All activities are planned to assure growth within language, physical and creative expression and to promote sound health, safety, and nutritional practices. Personality and language are largely formed by the sixth birthday so we view these early experiences as vital to a child’s growth and development.
· To create an atmosphere where spiritual values are taught and developed
· To encourage and cultivate the unique qualities of each child, as well as respect for self and others
· To provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum which strives to meet the individual needs
· To maintain a positive classroom atmosphere where love of learning is inspired
· To maintain a safe and clean physical environment
· To assist children in exploring and broadening their sense of discovery that fosters creativity
· To develop a child’s receptive and expressive language
· To provide a variety of manipulative activities to enforce mathematical and scientific concepts
· To develop physical coordination with ross and fine motor skills
· To cultivate an understanding and respect for all of Gods creation
· To create an atmosphere of mutual respect between parents and teachers that supports frequent communication to ensure a quality program for each child
· To provide opportunities for teachers to engage in professional development activities and the freedom to create a unique learning experience for children
· To provide leadership and to work with others toward improving the conditions of children and families within our program, our Parish, the local community, our region, and in the world
St. Paul Catholic Preschool has grown in both physical size and number since being established in 1980. Our first classes were enrolled in January, 1981 with the approval of Father Austin Mullen. We started with two classes of three and four year old’s. The Tot Co-Op, a mother’s morning out program for one and two year old’s, was started a year later.
The program has remained current and flexible through the years. We have renovated the building twice, been accredited by NAEYC, become a Gold Star School, and a VPK Provider. Currently the preschool has more than one hundred-twenty students enrolled in eight classes.
Our current staff reflects the impact we have on our parents and students. Nearly all of them, as qualified educators, chose St. Paul to be their children’s first school experience. We are blessed to have such a loving environment in which to work and educate our future leaders.
We are very grateful to have touched the lives of many young children and their families and to help them develop academically, spiritually, socially, and emotionally. It has been our goal to lovingly cooperate with parents and share in the spiritual direction and education of these young children.
St. Paul Catholic Preschool is fully accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Fewer than 10% of American preschools have met the stringent guidelines for facility design, staff qualifications, and programming, as well as health and safety, physical environment and administration. We have also received Florida’s Gold Seal Quality of Care.
Please contact us using any of the following information for any questions you have about our program.
Mindy Geer, Director
12708 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
Tampa, FL 33618